Upcoming holidays:

Upcoming Holidays:
16 June 2024 - Off to Sydney for an overnight stay - seeing a show at the Opera House.
26 July 2024 - Sandy is making a quick trip to Brisbane for Dayboro State School's 150th anniversary.
19 August 2024 - Cruising from Sydney to Fremantle via Northern Australia - 18 days on the Coral Princess.
2 April 2025 - Cruise to Moreton Island on the Carnival Splendor.
10 October 2025 - Paul's 70th birthday - 3 day "Cruise to Nowhere" on the Pacific Explorer.
1 December 2025 - Cruise from Singapore to Brisbane on the Voyager of the Seas.

Wednesday 1 November 2017

And another cruise

I don't always pick cruises because of the ship, but it definitely has happened at least once in the past, and I've done again.
Part of the reason for picking the "Asia Repositioning" cruise next October is that it's on the Ovation of the Seas - built in 2016, equal 5th biggest cruise ship in the world (with its sisters Quantum and Anthem of the Seas) and by far the biggest cruise ship to ever come to Australia. 
It has been on my list of "ships I want to cruise on" ever since I heard it was coming here, and this particular itinerary is a bonus because it goes to a few places that I have barely visited - Singapore, Perth and Adelaide.  And, the fact that it leaves from Singapore also makes it an easy start since we can fly direct from Canberra to Singapore these days. 
I'll definitely be trying out the North Star - a big viewing pod that swings out from the ship and gives you great views of the ship and the ocean.  The Ripcord and Flowrider are out of my comfort zone, I think, but I'm pretty sure to give the Arcade a go!
Another opportunity from cancelling our plans for the 38 day Southampton to Singapore cruise is that it left a Princess 'Future Cruise Credit' (FCC) unused.  Most cruise lines have something similar - for Princess you buy these onboard for $200, and then later you get to book a cruise with them using only the FCC for deposit.  And, as a bonus, they give you a small onboard credit on the next cruise - in this case $200.  So, effectively, $200 for free (although I don't kid myself here; they're not going to be making a loss on these things!)  We originally used the FCC for the 38 day cruise but you don't lose it when you cancel the cruise, so this time I took the opportunity to use the FCC to book another cruise.  And it's another ship that has been on my 'must do' list for a while - the Majestic Princess.  Smaller than the Ovation of the Seas, but newer.  And with enough mod cons that I really wanted to give it a try.
So, we're now also booked on a Sydney - New Zealand - Sydney cruise on the Majestic Princess in February 2019.  Plenty of time to see if the new kitchen bankrupts us or not  :-) 



No comments:

Post a Comment