Upcoming holidays:

Upcoming Holidays:
16 June 2024 - Off to Sydney for an overnight stay - seeing a show at the Opera House.
26 July 2024 - Sandy is making a quick trip to Brisbane for Dayboro State School's 150th anniversary.
19 August 2024 - Cruising from Sydney to Fremantle via Northern Australia - 18 days on the Coral Princess.
2 April 2025 - Cruise to Moreton Island on the Carnival Splendor.
10 October 2025 - Paul's 70th birthday - 3 day "Cruise to Nowhere" on the Pacific Explorer.
1 December 2025 - Cruise from Singapore to Brisbane on the Voyager of the Seas.

Saturday 17 October 2015

75 days until my next cruise

I got all excited yesterday because it was 75 days until my little New Zealand to Sydney cruise.  This means that I should be able to log on and print out my cruise documentation.
Well, no.
Firstly, I had forgotten that the 75 days is based on California time, so it didn't tick down to 75 days until quite late yesterday.
Then, it still wouldn't let me print out the documents - because I haven't given them my credit card details.  We always give them credit card details so I was surprised that it's a block to printing out the cruise documents.  The only reason I haven't done it this time is because my credit card expires next month - the new one is on the way but I haven't got it yet.
So, I'm still waiting.  All that excitement wasted!
Still, it's interesting though, because you supposedly can't board the ship without the Boarding Pass that's part of this doco, and a lot of people pay their onboard costs by cash rather than credit card. Presumably they must have to provide card details just to get their boarding pass, and then later delete the card details.
Which now brings me to - really, I am an idiot.  I won't use our normal St George card for paying for onboard expenses, because it's a debit card.  Just like hotels, the cruise lines put a hold on your card, and just like any other hold, if you do this on a debit card the hold isn't always automatically released once the real charge goes through.  So, I never use that card for cruise payments.  However, I could certainly use it now just to get the documents released, and then change it later once I've got the new credit card.  How slow am I?
Anyway, I'm now off to the Princess website to get my documents!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment