Upcoming holidays:

Upcoming Holidays:
16 June 2024 - Off to Sydney for an overnight stay - seeing a show at the Opera House.
26 July 2024 - Sandy is making a quick trip to Brisbane for Dayboro State School's 150th anniversary.
19 August 2024 - Cruising from Sydney to Fremantle via Northern Australia - 18 days on the Coral Princess.
2 April 2025 - Cruise to Moreton Island on the Carnival Splendor.
10 October 2025 - Paul's 70th birthday - 3 day "Cruise to Nowhere" on the Pacific Explorer.
1 December 2025 - Cruise from Singapore to Brisbane on the Voyager of the Seas.

Sunday 14 October 2012

Friday 12 October - day 52 - Day 7 on the Oasis of the Seas (at sea, again)

Had an earlier start today.  We got to the Windjammer for breakfast at about 8am and it was almost empty, so we presume a lot of people had a really late night last night.
It's actually one thing that's really surprising about this ship - although there are 6,000-odd passengers on board, it rarely appears crowded - apart from the Windjammer, around the lifts just after a show has finished, and sometimes near the shops when there is a sale on.  I think they organise the crowds really well.
Today I got a tattoo - a temporary airbrushed one:

We were supposed to go to a show at 3m today, but the seas have been quite rough today compared to the rest of the trip.  The show is called "Come Fly With Me" and involves a lot of high-wire acrobatic work, and it would have been too dangerous for the performers to try it in these conditions.  It was rescheduled to 8pm when they believed the seas would be better. 
It started as promised, although they did warn us that they'd have to stop the performance if the seas got any rougher.  Fortunately they didn't, and we got to see the most amazing show - singers, gymnasts, high wire work, acrobats - it was just amazing. 
Today I had my one real problem onboard.  I mentioned earlier that I had prepaid for 15 digital copies of photos, but today I could not get anyone to explain to me how / when I'd be able to pick them up.  I talked to four different people in the photo area before I sort of got an answer.  I did eventually get a CD but I have no idea whether I'm going to be able to get the photos off it - they say not to try until you've got a 'reliable' internet connection, and that's not going to happen until we get home.  I hope it works, as I've seen prints of all of the photos and there are some good ones there!

No comments:

Post a Comment